Rates & Tools
Dollars and Sense of Aerial Spraying
Using an airplane will save and make you money in many different scenarios.
- Remember, tracks cost money! 2-3 % on a good clean field, more when you have potholes and sloughs in the field.
X 40 bushels
= 6400 bushels
= $2400.00 COST IN TRACKS
Track costs are not the only thing to think about when considering aerial spraying, these other expenses should be factored in also
- Needing to disk down tracks in fall after harvest (fuel and time)
- Tracks in the way when swathing
- If it was wet, tracks when harvesting
Let’s call all this $2-3 dollars worth an acre, ALL above what you already are paying for your ground sprayer.
(160 X $3.50 = $560) $2400 in tracks plus $560 miscellaneous =
$2960 COST! ——————————– GROUND
3 Gallon Aerial Application would cost you approximately (160 X $13.00 = $2080.00)
$2080 COST ——————————– BY AIR!
That’s $880 dollars for every 160 acres you spray, with no headache, just a phone call and a chemical delivery!
- Your time is valuable! Why have the headache of fungicide and insecticide application when you can make just one phone call and have us take the pressure off so you are free to spend the summer doing things YOU enjoy!
- With good advanced communication the airplane can easily hit the timing windows that are so crucial with fungicide and insecticide applications, and with some progressive farms even going to two fungicide applications in some scenarios, it’s hard to hit all those acres! But we can help.
- It’s another tool in your toolbox! When you choose air, it pays for itself, just look over the numbers. And remember you need the ground sprayer anyway! But you don’t need to spend the extra tracks, time, fuel, wages, and effort.